Bulgarian military WW1 cemetery in Capari village, Municipality of Bitola

In the yard of the church of St. George in village of Capari there are several graves of officers from the Bulgarian army, killed in the battles of “Crveni Steni” (Red Rocks) on Pelister and Elevation 1248, on the Macedonian front during the First World War.

Bulgarian military WW1 cemetery, Church St. George, Capari village, Municipality of Bitola, Macedonia

Bulgarian military WW1 cemetery, Church St. George, Capari village, Municipality of Bitola, Macedonia

Bulgarian military WW1 cemetery, Church St. George, Capari village, Municipality of Bitola, Macedonia

Capari village is one of the larger village settlements at the foot of Baba Mountain and it is abundant with quite interesting examples of traditional Macedonian architecture. The church St. George is a three-nave church built in 1888 and is located in the village itself.
To the church it leads an asphalt road.

Coordinates: 41.057516, 21.176912

Church St. George, Capari village, Municipality of Bitola, Macedonia

In the western part of Capari village is located the Bulgarian military cemetery for about 300 soldiers killed on this part of the Macedonian Front.
The cemetery has been recently been restored.
Bulgarian military WW1 cemetery in Capari village, Municipality of Bitola

Bulgarian military WW1 cemetery in Capari village, Municipality of Bitola

Bulgarian military WW1 cemetery in Capari village, Municipality of Bitola

Bulgarian military WW1 cemetery in Capari village, Municipality of Bitola

How to get to there:
In proximity of the cemetery leads an asphalt road, which links to the newly restored walking path. It is best to leave the vehicle on the asphalt road and continue on foot, about 50 meters to the cemetery.
The road is narrow and not appropriate for buses.

Powered by Blogger.